viernes, 17 de octubre de 2008

A freudian spank by Kristrún Heiða Hauksdóttir


I´m really sorry, It has been many days since my last post. Today I´m posting a short story
which was written by a friend of Dóra two or three years ago. Dóra translated it from Icelandic to
English and I have translated it to Spanish. There is always a swan in that pond that tells me-you know what you need to do!”. Regards to everyone and Enjoy the story!

Realmente lo lamento, han pasado muchos dias desde última vez que “postee”. Hoy os mando un relato corto que fue escrito por una amiga de Dóra hace 2 ó 3 años. Dóra lo tradujo del Islandés al Inglés y yo lo traduje a Español. Hay siempre un cisne en ese estanque que me dice -sabes lo que tienes que hacer!. Saludos a todos y disfrutar de la historia!





29 of april:
A freudian spank by Kristrún Heiða Hauksdóttir
On my way home yesterday night I saw a swan, on the pond. He was floating there lonely and soft and I spent a while staring at him and thinking about Dimmalimm and how I think swans are somehow more sexy than for example ducks or geese. He saw me and I saw him sailing closer. There was no traffic and for a moment I felt as if I was alone in the world with him. When he put his head in the pond I saw that it was black, the pond was full of oil.

How weird, I thought and stepped closer, he wants me to help him, probably he cant fly all oily and ridicuolus like that.

The swan put his peak in my lap and we understood each other quite well. he followed me over across Skothússtígur and up to Southstreet. Half black, always a few steps behind me almost like a cat only that you could hear this awkward plamp sound as he walked and I felt as if he complained when he tried to flap his wings and therefore I didn´t suggest that he flew us home, I´ve always fantasized about such things since I read the story of Nilli Hólmgeirsson.**

We walked by the national library, from the light of the Esso gas station I saw this degrading tear go down his cheek and leave a white line. I saw he was embarrassed so I stopped looking and paced my step. He was out of breath by the time we finally came arrived to Kvisthagi.***

He waited out on the parking lot while I struggled with the key. Didn´t enter until I had left the door open for quite a while.

How polite, I thought and lit a candle, I don´t know why I felt that was appropriate.

The swan stood on the living room floor and watched Cheers with me for a few minutes. Then he walked asertdly to the TV set and turned it off. then he turned to me and said aggressively.

- You know why I followed you.

I was shocked.

- You know what you need to do.

I have to admit that now I don’t remember at all what happened next. But this morning when I woke up in a pile of feathers on the living room floor I understood that it wasn’t oil that the swan was covered in. It was Ink…

Kristrún Heiða Hauksdóttir

* Dimmalim was a princess who deeply cared for a swan, who then turned into a prince.
**Nilli Hólmgeirsson is a character from a fairytale, apparently he rode a swan.
***Kvisthagi is our street. We live in the middle, number 8.

Translated by Dóra Matthíasdóttir





29 de Abril

Un “cachete” freudiano

Ayer por la noche en mi camino a casa vi a un cisne en el estanque. Estaba flotando solitario y suave. Pasé un rato mirándole fijamente pensando sobre Dímmalímm* y en como opino que los cisnes son más sensuales que los patos o los gansos. Me vio y nadó acercándose. No había tráfico y por un momento me sentí cómo si estuviera sola en el mundo con el. Cuando metió su cabeza en el estanque, vi que era negra, el estanque estaba lleno de petroleo.

Que extraño-Pensé y me acerque- quiere que le ayude, probablemente no puede volar tan pringoso
y ridículo como esta.

El cisne puso su pico en mi regazo y nos entendimos el uno al otro bastante bien. Me siguió a través de Skothússtigur hasta la calle sur. Medio negro siempre caminaba unos pasos detrás de mi como un gato, tan sólo podías oír sus torpes pasos mientras paseaba y sentía como si se quejara cuando intentaba agitar sus alas por lo tanto no le sugerí que nos llevara volando a casa. Siempre he fantaseado sobre cosas así desde que leí la historia de Nilli Hólmgeirsson.**

Pasamos por la biblioteca nacional, al llegar a la luz de la gasolinera Esso vi una lagrima que caía por sus mejillas dejando una linea blanca. Me di cuenta de que estaba avergonzado así que dejé de observarle y apreté el paso. El estaba sin aliento cuando finalmente llegamos a Kvisthagi.
Espero en el aparcamiento mientras luchaba con mi llave y no entró hasta que dejé la puerta abierta un buen rato.!Que educado!,pensé, encendí una vela, no sé porque pensé que era lo apropiado. El cisne permaneció en el suelo del salón y vio Cheers conmigo durante unos minutos. Entonces camino autoritariamente hacia la televisión y la apagó. Entonces se volvió hacia mi y dijo agresivamente- sabes porque te seguí- Estaba confusa -sabes lo que tienes que hacer-.
Tengo que admitir que ahora no recuerdo lo que sucedió después, pero esta mañana cuando me desperté en el suelo del salón envuelta en un montón de plumas. Entendí que no era petroleo lo que cubría al cisne. Era tinta...



* Dímmalímm; Princesa de ficción que se preocupa muchísimo por un cisne que más tarde se convirtió en un príncipe.
** Nilli Hólmgeírsson; Personaje de un cuento que supuestamente montaba a un cisne.
*** Kvisthagi; Es el nombre de la calle donde vive Dóra y en la actualidad yo también! ;)


Traducido por SGOR

No hay comentarios: